Powerforce Single Touch Payroll (STP) Module
Powerforce Software is currently working through the process of ATO accrediation for STP processing (ATO terms this white-listing),
And, as an additional ATO requirement for STP, Powerforce Software is working towards ISO27001 accreditation.
Do you need the STP module?
- The STP module is applicable only to those customers who process their payroll through Powerforce (produce the PAYG for their employees).
- Those customers who use Powerforce to process pay and then feed external payroll systems for the data upload, you do not require the Powerforce STP module
- Those Powerforce customers who wish to continue to utilise Powerforce for their payroll processing will be required to sign up for the new module.
- Please NOTE - this refers to those employees for whom you directly create / issue the PAYG statement.
- As a part of the engagement, your contract will be modified to conform to our new Terms and Conditions
Powerforce STP is a new module, enhancing our current payroll to conform with the new stringent ATO requirements
Powerforce Software have partnered with MessageXchange (MX) to act as the processing gateway to the ATO (similar to your Superannuation clearing house).
- MX have as recently as 08/05/18 been white-listed (certified) by the ATO to process STP payroll
As a result of these new imposts for STP processing, there will be new costs added to your current licence charges
- These costs are in part to cover our gateway costs for access to the ATO infrastructure to process STP as well as the costs of continued support and development of the module's future functionality
- These costs must be paid up-front, which in effect translates into a firming up of our rather casual licence enforcement to date.
- The current release of software allows our customers to extend the expired licences by a simple press of a button.
- This will continue, so as not to interfere with your roster processing.
- However, when it comes to processing an STP upload to the ATO, the licence will be stringently observed, and unpaid accounts will not be able to process their STP upload.
- The code enforcement is as a result of our gateway partner demanding payment in advance of processing the STP data upload.
STP Module Database Conversion Costs
To set you up for STP processing, there will be a one off charge ($880.00) for database duplication and re-configuration per each of your ABN entity companies
There will be an additional on-going (additional to your current licence costs) cost of $0.88 per PAYG employee per month (active or not during the fiscal period)
Any employee active or not that is due a PAYG at years end is a chargeable employee for the purposes of STP.
Active in the period : means that if an employee is terminated 6 months into the financial year, and hence inactive, he / she still counts as 1 for the purposes of STP. They come off the STP count in the following year.
Hence why the STP is an additional $0.88 to the current employee count (the logic of which remains the same)
o 20 staff are terminated -> you can add 20 new employees to record count at no cost.
o 20 staff are added to replace above & 10 are STP -> the 10 STP is in addition to whatever you're paying in STP at the moment.
So in effect, the only time the STP count can come down is at the start of a new next year.
|Database & Company setup scenario||STP||Cost|
|1 DB, 1 Company||Yes||$ 880|
|1 DB, 2 Company (1 ABN)||Yes||$ 880|
|1 DB, 2 Company (2 ABN)||Yes (2)||2 x $880|
|1 DB, 2 Company (2 ABN)||No||$0|
|2 DB, 2 Company (2 ABN)||Yes (4)||4 x $800|
|10 DB, 5 Company (1 ABN)||Yes (5)||5 x $880|
Status of STP Development
- Powerforce are presently working through finalising accreditation and testing between both Powerforce and MX, as well as Poweforce and the ATO via MX.
- upon successful testing with the ATO, the ATO will white-list Powerforce Software STP payroll as compliant
- Powerforce expect to have a system available for user testing by the first week - middle of June