Using the scheduling workbench
- In the navigator pane select “biographical” (double click)
- Select “personnel maintenance” (double click)
- Select “maintain personnel rates” (double click)
- “personnel rates” window opens
- Select the desires employee by employee number (if known) or from search tools in drop down box options.
- Once the employee has been chosen. Press the TAB button to load the employee in the window.
- Click on the “Allowances and Deductions” tab.
- Double click an empty cell in the “Allowances and Deductions” table.
- “Employee standard allowance and deductions” window opens.
- Click the “add” button
- Click the drop down box next to “code” field.
- Press “cancel”
- Click the drop down box next to “code” field again
- Select the appropriate deduction/allowance.
- If the required deduction/allowance is not there contact support on 0296355922 and ask how to create new deduction/allowance code.
- Press the TAB button once to get out of the “code” field and for the system to load the details of the code that was selected.
- Type in relevant detail/s in the “short note” field and tick “print short note on payslip”
For an instalment or reducing balance deduction/allowance…
- Select “reducing” in the “method” field dropdown box.
- Input an “opening balance” – this is the principle amount owed/expected on the allowance/deduction
- Input an “amount” – this the amount which will be allowanced or deducted\
- Input a “current balance” – what is left to be paid, thus on initial setup, this amount should be the same as the principle.
For a non-instalment or set deduction/allowance…
- Select “amount” in the “method” field dropdown box.
- Input an “amount” – this the amount which will be allowanced or deducted per pay cycle.
- Regardless of “set deduction/allowance” or “instalment or reducing balance deduction/allowance” input an “effective date” and “Valid to” date. “Valid to” dates are optional, but for a “set deduction/allowance” this dates (if not set) will continue the “set deduction/allowance” for ever.
- Click save
- Click the “x” close button for the “Employee standard allowance and deductions” window. This will take you back to the “personnel rates” window.
- Click save and you’re done.
Changing the view(s)
Month to date processing
Top of Page